✓ Skip the commute
✓ Practice in your PJs
✓ Enjoy a judgment free zone
Online yoga classes. Made simple.
WHAT DO I NEED
- Comfortable Clothing for moving well, breathing well and keeping warm
- Equipment 1 non-slip Yoga mat, 2 blocks and a pillow (don't have blocks? I recommend these)
- Soft Padding Does it hurt your butt to sit or your knees when you're on all fours? I use 3 mats stacked (my floor is stone tile). Carpeting or rugs underneath also works (beware of slipperiness). Or a cleverly folded towel or blanket over your mat to protect knees and bottoms when needed.
- Device Computer, tablet or phone and a free account with Zoom
- Log in to Zoom at least 5 minutes before class to resolve any technical issues.
- Turn ON your video and audio at the beginning of class to say HELLO and check in.
- I will mute everyone once class begins so there's no feedback noise. You can unmute when you have a question.
- Turn ON any music you like in the background after class begins. Check out these SPOTIFY PLAYLISTS.
- Zoom options FULL SCREEN and SPEAKER VIEW and to minimize all the thumbnails of your classmates and maximize the view of the teacher choose HIDE THUMBNAIL VIDEO.
- Set up your computer according to the specs below.
PRO TIP: Keep your video ON during class and set up properly (see below).
BUT WHY? I always teach to the room. That means that I change my plans in the moment as I see who shows up and how they're feeling that day. It's a constant feedback system between the teacher and the students. Without your video ON, I can't assist you or adapt the class.
If you're more comfortable with it OFF, that's ok! I want you to feel comfortable.
- Every class begins with a HELLO and ends with a HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. Join me for greetings.
- Turn your video and audio ON if you're comfortable, at the beginning and end of each class so I can check in and see how you're doing.
- Let me know if something has changed like you have a recent injury or something is bothering you. Don't want to share with the group? You can message me privately.
- If you need to leave early or join late no problem, let me know ahead of time if you can.
- Shut off your phone close the door and create a safe, quiet space to step into your body, deeply relax and begin feeling better today.
SETTING UP YOUR SCREEN:
Whether you're on a laptop, computer or phone, you want it to be 2-3 feet off the ground. Ottomans, stools and coffee tables make great stands.
Place your mat so the long edge faces the camera: So I can get the best view of your form in any position. I focus on giving precise verbal instructions so you're not so dependent on seeing me or craning your neck to do so.
Sit about 5-7 feet from your camera: So I can see your form whether you're standing, sitting or lying down. If it's hard to see me, then move closer.